Horse Wikipedia in EnglishWikipedia horse in English
A Fjordford Horse - Wikipedia
Fjord Horse or Fjord Horse (Norwegian: Fjordhest) is a relatively small but very powerful horse race from the mountains of West Norway. It'?s an agile race of slightly drafty males. Each Fjord horse has a grind color, whereby five different colors are recognized in the race standart.
As one of the oldest races in the whole wide range, it has been used as a farmyard horse in Norway for centuries and is loved in recent years for its good general character. The horse is used both as a crockery horse and under the seat. Fjord horses have a distinctive look. Unlike many other races, the conformity of the race is a mixture of draft horse muscle and bones, with smaller sizes and greater mobility.
He has a powerful, domed throat, powerful thighs and good feets as well as a solid, well muscled physique. Despite its small dimensions, the race is able to carry an adults person and pull severe burdens. Dresses become particularly thick and heavier in winters. While there is no maximum or minimum level for the specified level for the race, altitudes between 135 and 150 cm (13.1 and 14.3 hand; 53 and 59 inch) at the Withers are recommended.
Although some individual riders may come under the traditonal boundary between horse and pony, the fiord horse is regarded as a horse regardless of its size. It is a call for fiord horse to have a generally good spirit. typical of the race. Fjor Horse Broodmare in action. Five colors are recognized by the equine breeding standards of the fiord.
90 percent of all Fjord Horse are "brown dun" (other races have the color "brown dun"). The other 10% are either "red dun", "grey" (more rarely "grey dun", the color known in other races as Grulla) or two colors that reflect the effect of the crème gene: 5 ] The breeding registers for fjord horse promote the conservation of all colors.
The dark color variation can be subtile and difficult to differentiate unless the horse with different hues stands side by side. Color designations are also not standardized in comparison to English termology, which is often used to describe horsehair colors in other races. Part of this seems to be due to the fact that it is deduced from words in 1922 and their English translation, which were officially recognised in 1980.
While these concepts were defined before the color ecology of horsehair was fully comprehended, the variants correspond to contemporary genomic research as dark color variants with the inclusion of other genomic determinants. It is a bright yellow-brown color and can range from a creamy color to almost a slight sweet pepper.
5 ] The color is genetic conditioned by the dilution of the dune factors, which are named "dun", "bay dun" or "zebra dun" in other races. This reddish brown (rødblakk) has a light gold color. Midtstol, halfjær and primary marks are either reddish or reddish brown, always getting darkier than the color of the bodies, but never darker.
As with other races this color tone is generated by the Dune factors, which dilute a basic color of the horseface. This is a type of falcon known as " prullo " in other races. Gray " (grå) has a gray corpus; the hue can range from bright silvery to deep shale. Middlestol, halffjær and the primary marks are darkgrey or dove.
The rest of the hair, tails and forehead curls are brighter than the color of the skin and can be very white. Although the phrase used in the race standards for this color is "gray", it is actually a kind of dun and not a true genetic gray. Misinterpretations of the terms "grey" and even "grey dun" are misleading as the fjord horse genepool does not bear the gray gen.
In other races and by genetics, the word used for this color is green, or dark brown. As with other races, the "grey" color of the human skin is created by the gray color of the animal's skin, which dilutes a genetically determined basic color. Sometimes the word "grey dun" or "gråblakk" is used to describe this color, but among fjord horse lovers this terms is wrong, albeit more coherent.
Were English-speaking fjord horse breeder to use the same name convention as for the other colours of their race, the colours could theoretically be described as "black dun", but this did not occur. Fjord horses are depicted as inscriptions on the coats of arms of Gloppen and Eid, both in Nordfjord.
Fjord horses are powerful enough for hard work such as ploughing crops or woodworking, but lightweight and maneuverable enough to be a good horse for horse rides and work. Today, the Fjord horse is a favorite in Norway's equestrian and therapy school because of its generally temperamental and small dimensions, making it ideal for kids and the handicapped.
In Norway they are often used for competition as well as for touristic transportation. It is also used as a sports horse, especially in combination riding. Canadien Fjord Horse Association (CFHA).